Come back to your portal anytime to continue editing.
Portals can be updated at anytime. If your portal is already public, any changes you make will be public immediately once you hit the "Save" button.
- 3.Find the data portal you would like to update on the "My Portals" page. Learn how the My Portals page works in the following section.
- 4.Click "Save" when you are finished making updates. Changes will be public immediately.
The Portal page allows data submitters to view and access all portals they manage via the "My Portals" section, including any of their portals that are private. If you have logged into ESS-DIVE with your ORCID, but are not registered to submit data, you will not see a "My Portals" section.
- 3.Once logged in, the "My Portals" section on the Portal page will appear just above the "All Portals" list available to the general public. From this page you can:
- Edit your portals by clicking the edit button
- View your portal by clicking on the title, or
- Create a new portal via the "+ New Portal" button.
At this time, there is no way to easily identify your private portals from your public portals in the Portal page. The "My Portals" and "All Portals" sections are mutually exclusive; when you are logged in, your public portals will not be listed under "All Portals" and will only be listed under "My Portals".
Figure 1. A list of portals you manage
At this time there is no way to easily identify private portals from the portal list
There are two ways to check if your portals in the "My Portals" section are private.
- Logout and go back to the Portal page. If your portal is not listed under "All Portals", then it is private.
- Logout and try navigating to the portal URL. If an error message appears, then it is private.
Figure 2. Error message received when opening a private portal while signed out