API Updates and Changes
This page provides information about all versions of the Dataset API. It includes a log of new features, enhancements, and bug fixes that have been made to the API.
Released on 2022-08-08
- Enable dataset submissions with project ID in
providerfield (new syntax example provided below)
"value": "<PROJECT ID>"
Released on 2022-02-04
- Enable linking out to datasets stored at external repositories
- Enable capability for anyone to search for public datasets
- Provided a python code example for streaming data file uploads
Released on 2021-09-20
Enables dataset sharing
- Enable the ability to share dataset
- Expanded swagger Docs for dataset sharing
- Corrected dataset sharing typos and added sharing schema example to technical documentation
Released on July 23rd, 2021
You can now submit longer metadata descriptions
measurementTechniquedescription (i.e. Methods) character limit to <5000 characters
description(i.e. Abstract) character limit to <5000 characters
spatialCoveragedescription (i.e. Geographic Description) character limit to <5000 characters
Software Upgrades ⚙️
- Enable support for Metacat >= 2.13.0 and Solr8
Released on 2021-04-29
- Main focus of this release is to support the EML 2.2.0 upgrade.
Released on 2021-04-20
- Bug fix release for json-ld 500 Errors.
Released on 2021-05-27
This release includes the addition of a Berkeley Source Distribution (BSD) license to the package service.
- Some bug fixes are included for accessing packages.
Released on 2019-12-17
- This release enables up to 100GB data uploads. They are minor features and do not affect the API.
Released on 2019-10-21
- This release enables up to 10GB data uploads.
Released on 2019-06-26
- Ability edit a data package
- Data files in query results
- Special characters should be removed from metadata filename
- JSON-LD returned for single data package requests
This API update is backwards compatible with v1.1.0.